Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Eric Quinn <ry...@optonline.net> on 2008/11/23 19:19:34 UTC

Mailing list in a forum

Hello, this is Eric Quinn. I am working with Marshall Schor to find a way to
view things sent to the mailing list without being forced to subscribe to the
mailing list. This is a test to see whether it is also possible to send the
things to the mailing list using Gmane, the website we are testing with this
message. Gmane has been mirroring the mailing list since approximately May 2007,
and you can view it here:

http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.uima.general/

Thank you.

Re: Mailing list in a forum

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
The problem at GMane seems to have been resolved after we notified them.

-Marshall

Re: Mailing list in a forum

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Mailing list in a forum

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
GMane seems to be somewhat broken.  The forum views for the uima-users
list seems to be "missing" many posts, including the original one from
Eric Q.  However, the "RSS Feed" view has all the posts, I think.

Not sure what the problem is.  I've attempted to contact the site
maintainers but have gotten no response.

Here's the details:

Examples of messages on the RSS feed, but missing in the others are the ones dated: Sunday Nov 23 2008 1:19 pm (Mailing list in a forum) and Tuesday, Nov 18, 2008 11:21 AM (Donation of a widely used ....)

Another thing: The graph on http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.uima.general seems to be for a date range of 6 june 07 thru 1 October 07. and the date range for http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.uima.devel is 1 April 07 to 1 Oct 07. Our mailing lists have activity way past these end dates.  So it appears somethings is not working here.

-Marshall

Re: Mailing list in a forum

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.