Posted to wsrp4j-user@portals.apache.org by Matthew Carey <ma...@ssl.co.uk> on 2004/09/17 20:31:46 UTC

Parameters in forms

In the example form in test4.jsp the text field name is "name"
If you change it to something else say "blobby" and try and get the
contents of "blobby" where you got name as in

String prop = "preferences.getValue("blobby",""); you get zilch.

Now as the name "blobby" and its value is being passed back in the XML
stream I presume there is a configuration file that sets the acceptable
parameters for this portlet.

Any ideas?

Re: Parameters in forms

Posted by Matthew Carey <ma...@ssl.co.uk>.
Matthew Carey wrote:
> In the example form in test4.jsp the text field name is "name"
> If you change it to something else say "blobby" and try and get the
> contents of "blobby" where you got name as in
>
> String prop = "preferences.getValue("blobby",""); you get zilch.
>
> Now as the name "blobby" and its value is being passed back in the XML
> stream I presume there is a configuration file that sets the acceptable
> parameters for this portlet.
>
> Any ideas?

I've got it it's in the processAction function of TestPortlet.