Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Berin Lautenbach <be...@wingsofhermes.org> on 2004/06/20 13:22:40 UTC

Federation Status 20/6/2004

As promised (well, it's still the weekend, if only just :>.)

Here is my understanding of current status.  Let me know what I have
wrong.

I plan to update this weekly from now on (well, that's the plan :>) and
actively follow up where people are.  I'd still like to drive for end of
July for all projects to either by at TLP or having made a formal
decision to remain within XML.

# Xerces, comprising Xerces Java, Xerces C++ and Xerces Perl

Draft charter/resolution written, but some discussion still ongoing.  I
*think* this is coming to consensus, but no movement recently?  Neil has
taken the lead on this one with input from Andy.

# Xalan, comprising Xalan Java and Xalan C++

Started out with a draft charter, but stalled some months back.  Is
anyone still working on this?  I think Brian was taking the lead here?

# XML Graphics (comprising FOP and Batik)

Discussion around Batik given current activity.  Jeremias has just put
forward a proposal that looks sound, initial comments appear to agree.

# XML Security

Discussion has occurred on the security-dev list, but stalled on scope
of the TLP.  Berin has taken the lead, and will be restarting over the
next week.

# Xindice

I couldn't find anything on Xindice, but I could swear that something
was posted to the lists a few months back?

# Axkit

Charter put forward, and I believe it was fairly agreeable to all, but
I'm not sure what happened from there?

# Forrest

Now TLP.

# XML-Commons