Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Eliodoro Miranda <el...@gmail.com> on 2021/01/11 08:59:36 UTC

request of assistance

I have tried several times to register to the italian forum Open Office.
I do not succed, as at the end of he form the question: come si chiama
editor di testo di  Open Office  (how is called the editor of Open
Office?)
My reply is:  WRITE  or CALC

but it does not accept my reply, thus no registration....
I absolutely need assistance, or i will have to convert to excel....
Can someone help me?
Could you connect me with someone of the italian forum?

Thanks
Miranda

Re: request of assistance

Posted by Brian Barker <b....@btinternet.com.INVALID>.
At 21:51 17/01/2021 +0100, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>On 11/01/2021 Eliodoro Miranda wrote:
>>Can someone explain me how to fill the form to register to the
>>italian forum, or indicate me an address of someone of the italian forum?
>
>Indeed it looks like there is a bug somewhere.

Really?

>I tried to register to
>https://forum.openoffice.org/it/forum/index.php with a test user.
>This is what I used:
>[...]
>Then I got asked
>"Come si chiama il database di Open Office?"
>
>and I obviously answered "Access" and it insisted it was wrong.

Er, I know it's Sunday and you may not be in work mode, but Access is
Microsoft's name for its database program. OpenOffice's component is
called Base!

>I retried three times, ...

Just give the right answer.

Brian Barker

Re: request of assistance

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
Brian Barker wrote:
> OpenOffice's component is called Base!

Oh sorry! Yes, I did write "Base"... and then Writer (I mean, the
question about the text editor) showed up twice and it was accepted only
at the second attempt - and I'm rather sure I wrote it correctly both times.

So honestly I still believe we might have some caching issue of sorts
with this, as the rest of the form was left unmodified and then it was
suddenly accepted on the third attempt. Let's just keep this under
control if we see further similar reports.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: request of assistance

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 11/01/2021 Eliodoro Miranda wrote:
> Can someone explain me how to fill the form to register to the italian
> forum, or indicate me an adress of someone of the italian forum?

Indeed it looks like there is a bug somewhere.

I tried to register to https://forum.openoffice.org/it/forum/index.php
with a test user.

This is what I used:

Firma: Includi la tua versione di OpenOffice e il sistema operativo su
cui è installata

and here I wrote "OpenOffice 4.1.8 Linux" and I recommend that you do
the same; you can change it after registration in case, but this one
surely works.

Then I got asked

"Come si chiama il database di Open Office?"

and I obviously answered "Access" and it insisted it was wrong.

I retried three times, and different modules would show up in the
question, and the third time it succeeded when, being asked about the
text editor, I wrote "Writer" (note it's not Write but Writer).

This might be a caching issue on the forum. So my recommendation is that
you try multiple times and always use "Writer" as the answer.

Please, if you try, let us know more details so that we can better
investigate the possible bug.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re[2]: request of assistance

Posted by Eliodoro Miranda <el...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the reply to David.

I forword my request to users.....
Can someone explain me how to fill the form to register to the italian
forum, or indicate me an adress of someone of the italian forum?

I apologize for disturbing, but I dont know how to register.

Thanks for your attention

E: Miranda

Re: request of assistance

Posted by David Robley <da...@robley.net.au>.
Writer is the word processor; Calc is the spreadsheet.

As a courtesy I have forwarded a copy of this reply to you as well as to
the mailing list. Do Not reply to me personally but just to the list at
<us...@openoffice.apache.org> - replies to my personal email address
will be ignored.

On 11/1/21 7:29 pm, Eliodoro Miranda wrote:
> I have tried several times to register to the italian forum Open Office.
> I do not succed, as at the end of he form the question: come si chiama
> editor di testo di  Open Office  (how is called the editor of Open
> Office?)
> My reply is:  WRITE  or CALC
>
> but it does not accept my reply, thus no registration....
> I absolutely need assistance, or i will have to convert to excel....
> Can someone help me?
> Could you connect me with someone of the italian forum?
>
> Thanks
> Miranda

Cheers