Posted to users@tiles.apache.org by Ken McWilliams <ke...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/22 20:47:02 UTC

Tiles3 freemarker from DB integration

I'm integrating struts2, tiles3 and Freemarker (templates from a DB). The
integration is mostly done, but the freemarker renderer is rendering to the
result immediately instead of inserting its content into the template at
the expected location.

Created and registered a DbFreemarkerTilesRenderer with key
"db_freemarker", with a DbFreemarkerTilesRenderer implementation.

Because it is difficult to format code in an email the code has been
formatted and posted here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17779865/apache-tiles3-and-freemarker-where-freemarker-result-is-processed-from-string-r

I think it is something simple... hopefully someone who has created a
renderer will probably know what mistake I've done without even looking at
the code.

Will post SSCCE and follow up with the link.

Re: Tiles3 freemarker from DB integration

Posted by Nicolas LE BAS <ma...@nlebas.net>.
It looks like a JSP problem, not freemarker.

I don't know what the DataBaseTemplateLoader class does, but perhaps it
uses response.getOutputStream() while the JSP is using
response.getWriter(). The servlet API does not support calling both.

I suggest you migrate you JSP to freemarker if you can, it would be
easier if you can use a single technology.

Otherwise, calling response.flushBuffer() may help, although it is
inefficient.

Hope this helps,