Posted to users@openjpa.apache.org by Juergen Aschenbrenner <ju...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/26 01:35:46 UTC

orphanRemoval

Hi All,

has someone already verified if the orphan removal works. Should be new to
the 2.0.0 release. I could not digg up any examples with google.

When I try to remove a child entity from the parent's containment list and
then try to persist the parent, openjpa attempts to insert a new record and
runs into a unique constraint exception.

Maybe someone can give me a hint where I might be wrong or provide me with
an exampleTtutorial.

Thanks in advance

Juergen

Re: orphanRemoval

Posted by Juergen Aschenbrenner <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi Pinaki,

thanks for the direction.

Juergen

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 7:52 AM, Pinaki Poddar <pp...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>  The following small application [1] demonstrates an usga eof orphan
> delete. See the declaration of items field in PurchaseOrder entity and its
> setDelivered() method.
>
>  [1] http://openjpa.apache.org/openbooks-featuring-jpa-20.html
>
> -----
> Pinaki

Jürgen Aschenbrenner - Softwareentwicklung
Herrngartenstr 13
65185 Wiesbaden
fon *  0160 / 7963682
fix * 0611 / 2385848