Posted to dev@creadur.apache.org by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/03 16:12:03 UTC

Re: An anti-plagiarism tool for GSoC Was: [pulse] A lab or an incubator?

Robert,
Thanks for a quick answer. I have read RAT's proposal, and I agree
that it is a right place to go. Do I understand correctly that you and
your project fellows are open to start this GSoC task? I'm open for
any form of collaboration, e.g. co-mentorship.

Wtih best regards, Alexei

P.S. Technically, it is ok to create the anti-plagiarism tool using
Java: Google provides Javi API. The next similarity is in heuristic
nature of comparison. Could you please provide a pointer how RAT
heuristics are kept in the code?

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 3:46 PM, Robert Burrell Donkin
<ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 11:46 AM, Alexei Fedotov
> <al...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello folks,
>>
>> I want to know your opinion concerning the following matter. Recently
>> I asked if one knows a free anti-plagiarism for scanning my project
>> before an incubation. There was no answer if one knew.
>>
>> I think of suggesting this task for GSoC. One may use Google code
>> search for detecting suspicious comments and code constructs in new
>> contributions. The code search allows using of regular expressions,
>> which allows whitespace and variable name differences to be neglected
>> during comparison. What do you think?
>
> this is - i think - nearly in scope for RAT
>
> opinions?
>
> - robert

С уважением,
Алексей Федотов,
http://people.apache.org/~aaf/

Re: An anti-plagiarism tool for GSoC Was: [pulse] A lab or an incubator?

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.
Ross,
Thank you for your encouraging comment and for sharing your thoughts.
I have updated the proposal with the first objective to define the
algorithm and by adding more code search engines.

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/general/SummerOfCode2009#rat-1-cutnpaste

--
С уважением,
Алексей Федотов,

Re: An anti-plagiarism tool for GSoC Was: [pulse] A lab or an incubator?

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.
Hello folks,

--