Posted to users@camel.apache.org by segev <so...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/30 14:40:01 UTC

CXFRS Component - setting providers for version 2.10.4

We are using Camel 2.10.4 (constrains due to our existing  run-time)
Is there a way to set the jaxrs:providers on the CXFRS Component for this
version?
We want to secure the component with HTTP Basic  Authentication by
specifying the following filter as a provider

using the following:
    <bean id="authenticationFilter"
class="org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.security.JAASAuthenticationFilter">
         <property name="contextName" value="karaf"/>
    </bean>

    <jaas:config name="karaf">
        <jaas:module
classname="org.apache.karaf.jaas.modules.properties.PropertiesLoginModule"
flags="required">
     users = $[karaf.base]/etc/users.properties
        </jaas:module>
    </jaas:config>

Re: CXFRS Component - setting providers for version 2.10.4

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
as far as I recall a cxfrs consumer schema has had a 'providers' element
all the time...

Cheers, Sergey

Posted by segev <so...@gmail.com>.
The option jaxrs:server/@address="camel://myEndpoint" appear to be feasible
but I haven't tried it.
As a short term solution , we ended up using a Spring based application
(already secured with HTTP Basic...) as a proxy
Long term we intend to move to the fabric8 run-time with a more recent Camel
version.

The correct XML under providers appears to be a bean definition...

Cheers,

Avi

Re: CXFRS Component - setting providers for version 2.10.4

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
I've checked Camel 2.10.6 (the earliest tag I can see in FishEye)
and I see that CxfRsEndpoint has no property for accepting the provider
instances.
I'm not sure how to get it integrated with Camel 2.10.x then...
Perhaps try and use CXF jaxrs:endpoint directly in the route ? For this
to work the endpoint address would have to have a Camel transport
prefix, ex, jaxrs:server/@address="camel://myEndpoint"...
May be there's a better Camel way for achieving it
Cheers, Sergey