Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "HUSSEY, SCOTT T" <sh...@att.com> on 2012/11/13 17:41:10 UTC

HttpClient4 Selecting Authentication Method

All,
  I'm trying to test a SharePoint 2010 site (Jmeter 2.7, JRE 1.6, Windows Server 2008). This site is configured to use Kerberos authentication, but fall back to NTLM if needed.

2012/11/13 08:19:10 DEBUG - httpclient.wire.header: << "WWW-Authenticate: Negotiate[\r][\n]"
2012/11/13 08:19:10 DEBUG - httpclient.wire.header: << "WWW-Authenticate: NTLM[\r][\n]"

When I use HTTPClient 3.1 and enable trace, I see it selects NTLM but fails authentication because the site is using NTLM v2. When I switch to HTTPClient4 I only get the below error. I cannot figure out a way to enable more verbose output and do not know if this error is from HTTPClient4 attempting to use Kerberos (which it supports but Jmeter doesn't) or if it is from an NTLM issue. I'm leaning to the first issue of HTTPClient attempting to use Kerberos because a similar site setup as only NTLM works fine w/ HTTPClient4. I do have an HTTP Authorization Manager in scope with the domain and user account entered.

2012/11/13 08:06:02 ERROR - org.apache.http.client.protocol.RequestTargetAuthentication: Authentication error: Invalid name provided (Mechanism level: Cannot locate default realm)

As a test, is there a way I can rewrite the server headers to remove " WWW-Authenticate: Negotiate" before HTTPClient responds?

Thank you for your time.

Scott

RE: HttpClient4 Selecting Authentication Method

Posted by Jitesh Thakur <th...@gmail.com>.
Hi Scott,

Did you find a solution yet for Kerberos authentication. Till now it was
NTLM being used in my project and everything was working fine but there is
shift in authentiction mechanism to Kerbros the way development is
progressing.

Please let me know if you find a way to work with Kerberos security
authentication in Jmeter as I am feeling stuck here.

Regards
Jitesh