Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Richard In Public <ed...@blueyonder.co.uk> on 2003/03/05 18:10:52 UTC

XMLForms: Controlling Rendering

Hi

I'm trying to work XMLForms into an application.  The 'Wizard' HowTo
provides a clear explanation of everything except how to get involved in the
styling of the output.

I see that the <xf:form> tag is transformed twice in the pipeline:

-  by wizard2html, which appears to handle the layout
-  by xmlform2html, which produces an html variant of the form elements

I assume that in an application one would use the xmlform2html stylesheet as
is but customize the wizard2html stylesheet.

It would really help to have some information on the XMLForms format that
this custom stylesheet needs to work with and, more importantly, how the
ouput needs to be formatted to work properly with the bean.

1.  Does anyone have any notes on this?
2.  In particular, how should I group fields together (e.g. 1 form, 3
tables)?

It would be great to have a skeletal stylesheet with hooks - something
almost ESQLish, perhaps that drives the formatting process but allows you to
specify the html elements.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated,

Richard