Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Manny Panis <MP...@SERENA.com> on 2007/04/17 18:52:05 UTC

org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:org/apache/commons/codec/DecoderException

Does any body have any ideas why I'm getting the following error when
calling an adb web service from inside another adb web service:

org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:

org/apache/commons/codec/DecoderException at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.send(OutInAxisOper
ation.java:271)

at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.execute(OutInAxisO
peration.java:202)

I do have the commons-codec-1.3.jar specified in the web-inf\lib folder.

Thanks,

Immanuel

are addressed. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

Axis2: Invoking another webservice from another webservice.

Posted by Inder Dhillon <dh...@cs.dal.ca>.
Hello

I have one question that can we invoke a web service from inside of another
web service. As I tried this out but am not successful.
As What I did was that I extracted the information from soap message and
then based on that information I want to invoke another web service. Can
anyone suggest me how should I proceed?

Thanks
Inder

Re: org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:org/apache/commons/codec/DecoderException

Posted by Glen Mazza <gr...@verizon.net>.
I am unsure why this is happening--the classloader should be picking up
that class.  One possible option for you is to place the JAR file within
your service archive (line 174 of here[1]) instead of the Axis2 web
directory to see if that fixes the problem, but again, placing it in
web-inf/lib should be working anyway.

Also, as a sanity check, best to open up that JAR file and make sure the
class that error message is saying it can't find is indeed there.

HTH,
Glen

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/webservices/axis2/trunk/java/xdocs/1_1/quickstartguide.html?annotate=523960

Posted by Inder Dhillon <dh...@cs.dal.ca>.
Hello Immanuel

I have to work on one problem and in that I have to call a webservice from
inside another web service. I'll really appreciate if you Could give me some
idea of how to call a webservice inside another webservice. As while
invoking one service I have to extract information from soap request and
based on that extracted information I want to call another web service.

Thanks

Inder

  _____