Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "Keys, Andrew T" <an...@bankofamerica.com> on 2002/07/30 16:18:19 UTC

Log4j dailyrollingfileapender issue

group,

	I have six processes reading the same log4j properties file.  They
all write to the same output file bvlog.java.out.  The problem is during log
rotation at midnight.  The previous day gets written to
bvlog.java.out.07292002, but only one process goes to the new
bvlog.java.out.  The others stay on bvlog.java.out.07292002.  How can I get
all 6 processes to roll when the file is changed?  Any help would be
appreciated.  Here is my log4j properties file.

Thanks,

Andy
#here is the log level for the root Category.
#By default it is ERROR, It can be DEBUG or INFO or WARN or ERROR or FATAL
#the entry R is the name of root appender. This does not requires to be
changed.

log4j.rootCategory=ERROR, R

#By default the output of the logging goes to System.err
#This can be directed to a file by providing the file name (complete path)
#log4j.appender.A1.File=System.err

#On unix the format is like following.
#log4j.appender.A1.File=/home/user/sdklogs/logfile.log

log4j.appender.R.File=/home/bv/bvadm/bv1to1_var/logs/txdmz59/bvlog.java.out

#the following entry need not be changed.
#the format of the log message

log4j.appender.R=org.apache.log4j.DailyRollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.R.DatePattern='.'yyyyMMdd
log4j.appender.R.layout.ConversionPattern=%d %p [%c] [%t] - %m%n

# These next few enrtees set up the number of threads that will be used
# by the Yodlee Handler for shared pooling and how long they set idle

NumSocket = 20