Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by brian papa <br...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/13 22:40:25 UTC

avoiding a meta refresh (logging into hotmail)

Right now I'm working on an HttpClient-based app that will log me into
Hotmail. I've hit a bit of a roadblock though and was hoping that
somebody could offer some insight. The problem is, when I fetch the
login page (I need to parse that page so that I have the proper url
parameters for login), at the top of the page there is a meta refresh
-

<noscript>
 URL=https://login.passport.net/jsDisabled.srf?lc=1033"/>
</noscript>

Since this is built into the login page itself, "tricking" hotmail by
changing the "User-Agent" value does nothing for me. I need to figure
out a way for HttpClient to ignore the noscript tag's content, or for
it to just not perform the refresh. The API didn't seem to have
information on how to do this... is it even possible?

Re: avoiding a meta refresh (logging into hotmail)

Posted by Michael Becke <mb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Brian,

HttpClient only does HTTP, and therefore does not parse HTML content.
This snippet of HTML in a response will have no effect on HttpClient's
behavior.

Mike