Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Alex The Rocker <al...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/29 11:32:14 UTC

How can we use a Johnzon version more recent than TomEE’s, delivered in our WARs, to run JAX-RS services ?”

Hello,

While upgrading one of our webapp from TomEE+ 1.7 to TomEE+ 7, we hit
a regression on JAX-RS.

After analysis, we found that we've been impacted by the same issue as
the one fixed in this JIRA:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JOHNZON-101

We would like anyway to move to TomEE+ 7.0.4, but without waiting for
a future TomEE+ 7.x that would include this Johnzon fix.

We tried to package a more recent version of Johnzon into our web app,
but it seems that it wasn't take into account by TomEE's JAX-RS
engine.

What is the right way to get TomEE+ use the more recent  Johnzon JARs
when it's packaged in a WAR ?

Best regards,
Alex

Re: How can we use a Johnzon version more recent than TomEE’s, delivered in our WARs, to run JAX-RS services ?”

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Le 30 nov. 2017 00:17, "Alex The Rocker" <al...@gmail.com> a écrit :

Hello Romain,

I have read the page you linked, but I'm afraid it's unrelated to my
need : I do not want to change TomEE+ 7.0.4's javaee-api jar, but only
to find a way to instruct TomEE+ 7.0.4 to use Apache Johnzon 1.1.4 jar
files which I'm going to include into my application's WAR file.

My fear is that TomEE+ 7.0.4 will attempt to use its own old version
of Apache Johnzon 1.0.0 instead of the newer one of my web app when
executing my JAX-RS web services.

Is this the case or not?

Yes

Other (somehow related) question : will TomEE+ 7.0.5 include a newer
Apache Johnzon version fixing this JIRA
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JOHNZON-101 ?

No known blocker to do a 1.0.x AFAIK.

Best regards,
Alexandre

> This trick can be used for johnzon
> https://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/2013/07/19/little-tip-to-
help-you-to-test-javaee-7-in-tomee-with-tomee-maven-plugin/

Posted by Alex The Rocker <al...@gmail.com>.
Hello Romain,

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Le 1 déc. 2017 23:12, "Alex The Rocker" <al...@gmail.com> a écrit :

Romain,

All we did was to build a 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT using JOHNZON-101 bugfix
found at  https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=johnzon.git;a=commit;h=
d7b768fe10f6163be58ec3d4905c404ee9ce2f30

We found no other need of changes to vanilla Johnzon 1.0.0.

Out of curiosity : Johnzon 1.1.x has been available for a while: is it
considered for a TomEE 7.0.x future release, or only for TomEE 8.x ?

Asked about it and got no emphasis to upgrade to tomee 8 probably.

Best regards,
Alexandre

http://www.smilecoms.com/

Posted by Alex The Rocker <al...@gmail.com>.