Posted to user@spark.apache.org by rmenon <rm...@ea.com> on 2016/06/24 00:40:19 UTC

Spark SQL Hive Authorization

Hello,

We are trying to configure Spark SQL + Ranger for hive authorization with no
progress.

Spark SQL is communicating with hive metastore with no authorization without
any issues. However, all authorization setup is being ignored.

We have currently tried by setting configuring following properties:
hive.security.authorization.manager=org.apache.ranger.authorization.hive.authorizer.RangerHiveAuthorizerFactory
hive.security.authorization.enabled=true
hive.security.authenticator.manager=org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.security.SessionStateUserAuthenticator

The following ranger specific jars have been placed in spark classpath :
ranger-hive-plugin, ranger-plugins-common, ranger-plugins-audit, guava

Additionally, we have placed the ranger configurations
ranger-hive-security.xml and ranger-hive-audit.xml files in spark conf.

Versions used:
Spark - 1.6.1
Hive -1.2.1
Ranger - 0.5.3

We do not see Spark SQL honoring the hive.security.authorization.manager.
Are there any suggestions of how we could configure this setup to work?

Regards,
Rohit

Re: Spark SQL Hive Authorization

Posted by "arin.g" <ar...@yahoo.com>.
Any updates on this? I am also trying to install Ranger with Sparksql and I
have the same issue with Spark 1.6, and Ranger 0.5.4. I have used the
enable-plugin.sh script to activate the hive-ranger plugin, and verified
that all the required configuration files are in spark/conf.

Thanks,
-Arin

rmenon wrote