Posted to user@ant.apache.org by ch...@EBSDR.COM on 2000/10/31 14:59:14 UTC

XSL examples wanted

I've been looking at the XML output generated by Ant1.2. Does anyone have some simple examples of XSL scripts to display the contents of result.xml in a web browser? I've never played with XSL and don't know where to begin.

Thanks,
Chris
HelckChristopher
chelck@EBSDR.COM

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential. This e-mail is
intended only for the stated addressee. If you are not an addressee, you
must not disclose, copy, circulate or in any other way use or rely on the
information contained in this e-mail. If you have received this e-mail in
error, please inform us immediately and delete it and all copies from your
system.

EBS Dealing Resources International Limited.  Registered address: 55-56
Lincoln's Inn Fields, London WC2A 3LJ, United Kingdom. Registered number
2669861. The EBS Partnership.  Registered address: 55-56 Lincoln's Inn
Fields, London WC2A 3LJ, United Kingdom.  EBS Dealing Resources, Inc,
registered in Delaware.  Addresses: 535 Madison Avenue, 24th Floor, New
York, NY 10022, USA and One Upper Pond Road, Building F - Floor 3,
Parsippany, NJ 07054, USA.  EBS Dealing Resources Japan Limited, a Japanese
Corporation. Address: Asteer Kayabacho Bldg., 6th Floor, 1-6-1, Shinkawa,
Chuo-ku, Tokyo 104-0033, Japan.

Re: XSL examples wanted

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@bost.de>.

 c> Does anyone have some simple examples of XSL scripts to display
 c> the contents of result.xml in a web browser?

There's a stylesheet in the src/etc directory of the source
distribution (log.xsl). I think the binary distribution has an etc
directory with the same content.

Stefan

-Verbose

Posted by Dan MacKay <da...@kingston.hummingbird.com>.
Hi all,

I am seeing some really strange behavior from Ant. I am using the 1.2
build/with JDK1.3 on NT w/svc pack 6. Unless I turn on the -verbose switch
for the javadoc task the task fails as with the following task listing and
the subsequent build messages and failures.
  <!--
=================================================================== -->
  <!-- Create the
              -->
  <!--
=================================================================== -->
  <target name="document" depends="prepare">
	<mkdir dir="${docs.dir}\api"/>
    <javadoc packagenames="com.hcl.dal.client.*"
             sourcepath="${src.dir}"
             destdir="${docs.dir}\api"
             author="true"
             version="true"
             use="true"
             windowtitle=""
             doctitle=""
             bottom=""
		 verbose="False">
    </javadoc>
  </target>

Buildfile: d:\src\dal\DalBuild.xml
Detected Java Version: 1.3
Detected OS: Windows NT
Project base dir set to: D:\src\dal
Build sequence for target `document' is [prepare, document]
Complete build sequence is [prepare, document, clean, get_source, compile,
total-clean]
  [javadoc] Generating Javadoc
  [javadoc] Source path = D:\src\dal\src
  [javadoc] Packages = [com.hcl.dal.client.*]
  [javadoc] Javadoc args:
avadoc -use -windowtitle  -doctitle  -bottom  -classpath "C:\Program
Files\JavaSoft\Jaxp1.0.1\jaxp.ja
r;C:\Program
Files\JavaSoft\Jaxp1.0.1\parser.jar;C:\Java\junit3\junit.jar;C:\crusade\cdk\
lib\nova.jar;c:\java\junit3\junit.jar;d
:\ant\lib\ant.jar;d:\ant\lib\jaxp.jar;d:\ant\lib\optional.jar;d:\ant\lib\par
ser.jar;c:\java\jdk1.3\lib\tools.jar" -sourcepath D:
\src\dal\src -version -author -d D:\src\dal\docs\api com.hcl.dal.client
  [javadoc] Javadoc execution
  [javadoc] javadoc: No package, class, or source file found named
C:\Program Files\JavaSoft\Jaxp1.0.1\jaxp.jar;C:\Program Files
\JavaSoft\Jaxp1.0.1\parser.jar;C:\Java\junit3\junit.jar;C:\crusade\cdk\lib\n
ova.jar;c:\java\junit3\junit.jar;d:\ant\lib\ant.jar;
d:\ant\lib\jaxp.jar;d:\ant\lib\optional.jar;d:\ant\lib\parser.jar;c:\java\jd
k1.3\lib\tools.jar.
  [javadoc] Loading source files for package com.hcl.dal.client...
  [javadoc] 1 error

If I set verbose to true everything is built.

The second -verbose problem I have is with the java task. The following is a
fragment of a build target:

    <java classname="com.hcl.nova.ngen.ngen"
	      fork="yes"
		  dir="${build.classes}">
      <arg line="-d ..\${src.dir} -package com.hcl.dal.drm IDRM.class"/>
      <classpath refid="project.class.path"/>
    </java>

This calls one of our nova classes. It is a skeleton and stub generator. The
problem is that if I don't call and with the -verbose swith the build will
fail as the stub generator does not get a chance to write out the closing
brace in the source file it is generating so the compile fails. If I
turn -verbose on the stubs get written out and compiled perfectly. Its as if
a stream was not getting flushed properly before being closed and
that -verbose is causing the VM to slow down enough to let this occur.

Any ideas?

Dan