Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Boris Schrijver <bo...@pcextreme.nl> on 2015/08/17 18:09:46 UTC

RE: [PROPOSAL] Closing PRs older than 1 month and without activity

Remi,

Would it be possible to give the closed PRs which are not merged due to
inactivity or unfinished code-work a label? So the can be recognized when they
are closed?

Best regards,

Boris Schrijver

TEL: +31633784542
MAIL: boris@pcextreme.nl

Posted by Remi Bergsma <RB...@schubergphilis.com>.
Hi Boris,

I like the idea, but this is a bit harder than it seems. We only have read-only access to GitHub, because it is a mirror of the actual git repo at Apache. That’s why we cannot simply close PRs etc. For the same reason, I cannot create labels or assign them. Not even for the PRs I submitted myself.

The closed PRs do get linked to the PR that closed them, because it was mentioned there. So, there’s a way to track them, just not as handy as a GitHub label would have been.

If anyone knows of a trick, let me know!

Regards,
Remi