Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2016/06/13 14:11:40 UTC

Unsubscribe trailers

On 13/06/2016 15:03, Mark Thomas wrote:
>> I have been receiving them for years and you have no unsubscribe button in
>> the email.
>
> There should be a standard footer with the unsubscribe address listed.
> I'll look into that.

If I got the settings right, there should now be a footer below my
signature with instructions on how to unsubscribe.

Mark

Posted by Don Cunningham <ot...@gmail.com>.
Unsubscribe now getting way to much juck on my phone and email.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mike Drob <md...@apache.org>.
I see that we're setting the List-Unsubscribe header already here, but in
GMail I don't see an unsubscribe decorator next to the "from" address.
Maybe there is another step to make it happen?
I'm not an email guy, so I'm not sure how helpful I can be.

Mike

Posted by "jleroux@apache.org" <jl...@apache.org>.
+1 for everywhere!

Jacques

Le 13/06/2016 � 16:28, Pierre Smits a �crit :

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org>.
Tail-gating on this so I mention it somewhere at least.

One problem that I have noticed, and I don't know how systematic it is, is that when a post uses HTML formatting, the list robot may not provide the trailer in a form that actually has it be visible to a recipient.

This has led, in the past, to users being dissed by other users for not paying attention to footers that, in fact, they don't see.  (It's one of those "works for me" disconnects.)

One action I can take is to request that list moderators on projects I support provide the level of civility exhibited by Mark Thomas and simply honor unsubscribe requests and confirm it to the list.  I will do that too.

I am acting on the practice now.  What the robot/archiver does is beyond me.

 - Dennis

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mark.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.