Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Frank Scholten <fr...@frankscholten.nl> on 2011/02/20 17:16:30 UTC

Running and configuring Mahout clustering jobs from Java - MAHOUT-612

Hi everyone,

Live from the Mahout Hackaton in Berlin with Isabel and Sebastian!

I have been working on some ideas for making it easier to run the
Mahout clustering jobs from Java, see patch
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAHOUT-612

Please let me know what you think of this approach. I haven't gone
overboard and didn't touch too much of the existing code. I wanted to
show you what I had in mind and if this is a good way to go I can
expand this idea further, starting with the clustering codebase.

I think it would be cool to make it easy to create an end-to-end
clustering job in Java. By using this Java bean config it will likely
be easier to configure and run Mahout jobs via Spring or Guice.

Regards,

Frank