Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Peter B. West" <pb...@powerup.com.au> on 2001/08/01 04:48:27 UTC

Re: Codeformatting finished

I've noticed that the formatter has been pretty aggressive in overriding
the right margin.  It has exceeded 80 cols in files which had conformed
to that margin (e.g. DocumentReader.java), going to such lengths as to
merge string constants which had previously been split with "+", and
merging comment lines!  Cheeky.

I agree it is much more important to get a consistent indentation and
replacement of tabs with spaces, but is it generally regarded as
desirable to have files fold lines at 79?  If so, is it OK to submit
patches which achieve this for errant files as they are encountered?

Peter
--
Peter B. West  pbwest@powerup.com.au  http://powerup.com.au/~pbwest
"Lord, to whom shall we go?"