Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com> on 2003/12/01 12:16:28 UTC

Re: How to turn anti-alias off when using rasterizer

Robert McKinnon wrote:

> Is it possible to turn anti-aliasing off when using the Batik SVG
> rasterizer to convert SVG to PNG?

    The easiest way to do this is to add 'shape-rendering="crispEdges"'
to the outermost SVG element, this can be done as part of the
transcoding processes if you can't change the SVG source directly.

Posted by Robert McKinnon <ro...@yahoo.com>.
I found that setting the rasterizer "-indexed" parameter to 1
effectively turns off anti-aliasing as it forces there to be only 2^1=2
colors in the result PNG image:

   java -jar batik-rasterizer.jar -indexed 1

The indexed parameter is not listed on the rasterizer web docs:
  http://xml.apache.org/batik/svgrasterizer.html#using

But it is listed when running the rasterizer at the command line:
  "-indexed (1|2|4|8)
        Reduces the image to given number of bits per pixel using an
        adaptive pallete, resulting in an Indexed image.  This is
        currently only supported for PNG conversion."

Regards,
Rob