Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Christian Schuhegger <Ch...@gmx.de> on 2005/01/21 15:38:48 UTC

Re: bug in tomcat 5.5 and sticky sessions because of problem with jvmRoute parameter?

Mladen Turk wrote:
> Take a look at:
> http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/connectors-doc/config/workers.html
>
> It clearly states that (big warning in red color)
> The name of the worker can contain only the alphanumeric characters
> [a-z][A-Z][0-9] and is case insensitive.
>
> So tc1.tc1 is illegal name for the worker.
thanks for that hint, but actually luckily this is working.

the real problem is that the value that i specify for the jvmRoute is
"magically" doubled and i only doubled this name in the
workers.properties file as a short term workaround.

i still did not find out why this jvmRoute parameter is doubled in my
applications, but not in the servlets-examples/servlet/SessionExample
application.
--
Christian Schuhegger
http://www.el-chef.de/