Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by "Hentzen, Rudy" <ru...@etrade.com> on 2004/09/29 15:16:34 UTC

Quick Question

Phew, good stuff, I am not doing anything particularly complicated, just a few method calls.  Another thing, it is possible to, for example, get all the of the form actions from a html page, I have managed to get what I need using reg exps but just wondering if it is in the HttpClient package???

Many thanks
Rudy

Posted by Ortwin Glück <or...@nose.ch>.

Hentzen, Rudy wrote:

> Phew, good stuff, I am not doing anything particularly complicated, just a few method calls.

Lucky you :-)

>   Another thing, it is possible to, for example, get all the of the
form actions from a html page, I have managed to get what I need using
reg exps but just wondering if it is in the HttpClient package???

> Many thanks
> Rudy

No, Rudy, unfortunately we provide no support for that. HttpClient
focuses on the transport with HTTP. HTML is out of our scope. You may
want to use a read-to-use HTML parser library for that. If your page is
XHTML you can just use JAXP with the XML parser of your choice of course.

Ortwin Glück

Re: Quick Question

Posted by Roland Weber <RO...@de.ibm.com>.
Hi Rudy,

"Hentzen, Rudy" <ru...@etrade.com> wrote on 29.09.2004 15:16:34:

> Another thing, it is possible to, for
> example, get all the of the form actions from a html page, I have
> managed to get what I need using reg exps but just wondering if it
> is in the HttpClient package???

It is not, and never will be. That's HTML parsing, not HTTP handling.

cheers,
  Roland