Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "insight49@gmail.com" <in...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/14 18:42:55 UTC

Pls Help - Serializing images returned from web services

Would someone be able to help me understand how to serialize images (or
other binary data) returned from web services that consume posted data?

I'm trying to post some data to Goggle Chart API (using CInclude
Transformer includexml), but Google sends back an image, which can't be
serialized. (Using Get works, but has a URL character imitation).

Does someone have a serializer class for this?

Thanks very much for your help,

Dan

Re: Pls Help - Serializing images returned from web services

Posted by Jasha Joachimsthal <j....@onehippo.com>.
On 14 July 2011 18:42, insight49@gmail.com <in...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Would someone be able to help me understand how to serialize images (or
> other binary data) returned from web services that consume posted data?
>
> I'm trying to post some data to Goggle Chart API (using CInclude
> Transformer includexml), but Google sends back an image, which can't be
> serialized. (Using Get works, but has a URL character imitation).
>
> Does someone have a serializer class for this?

If I understand you correctly, you do a POST request to Google Chart API and
it only returns the binary data for an image. This can't be serialized,
because it can't be parsed as XML to start with. [1]
What's your use case for the chart? Is it a part of a webpage or do you
include it in a PDF?

[1] http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/serializers.html

Jasha Joachimsthal

Europe - Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam - +31(0)20 522 4466
US - Boston - 1 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02142 - +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)

www.onehippo.com