Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Peter Burgheim-Losse <pe...@googlemail.com> on 2010/05/27 19:15:12 UTC

ofbiz callback functionality

Dear ofbiz list members,

to implement an ERP system into the infrastructure of a midsize company
I would like to use ofbiz but the following functionality is needed:

scenario:
A message is sent to ofbiz containing a query or an order. This query is
then accepted/rejected by a staff member. Now ofbiz has to send a message
containing this status change to an external system or somehow trigger
this system to send a status request to ofbiz.

1) Is ofbiz able to send messages to external systems?
2) Is there a trigger function at
    2.1) database layer?
    2.2) process layer?

Thanks a lot in advance for your feedback or a reference to ofbiz's
documentation.

Kind regards
Peter

Re: ofbiz callback functionality

Posted by Peter Burgheim-Losse <pe...@googlemail.com>.
Thanks a lot for your detailed answers, Chris and Jaques!
I will now take a deeper look at it, likely to have new questions :-)
Thanks again for your immediate help!

Regards
Peter

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.