Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net> on 2005/09/26 21:37:29 UTC

[ApacheDS][ACDFEngine] Why are we passing NextInterceptor to engine?

Trustin,

I'm trying to understand why we need to pass the reference to the next
interceptor into the ACDF engine's check and hasPermission methods?
Reason I ask is because all we need to do is throw an LdapNoPermission
exception and we exit the stack.  Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks,
Alex

Re: [ApacheDS][ACDFEngine] Why are we passing NextInterceptor to engine?

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
2005/9/29, Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>:

> Sorry I still cannot understand why you need the interceptor. Can you
> tell me what you do with the interceptor?

ProtectedItem.MaxImmSub requires the access to the DIT because it limits the
number of siblings. We cannot simply use ContextPartition because it
bypasses all next interceptors in the chain. That's why we need
NextInterceptor to implement ACDF.

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/

Re: [ApacheDS][ACDFEngine] Why are we passing NextInterceptor to engine?

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
Alex,