Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by "Tauzell, Dave" <Da...@surescripts.com> on 2019/12/04 13:58:02 UTC

Re: [External] Auto Scaling in Kafka

If you run in the cloud I think there are some solutions.  If you think you might need to add brokers in the future then make sure you create enough partitions ahead of time.   It is easier to add brokers and have them take over existing partitions than it is to re-partition data.

I don't think Kafka is a good fit for scale up, then scale down scenarios but you can setup to make it easier to scale-up in the future.

-Dave

On 12/4/19, 12:10 AM, "Goel, Akash Deep" <ak...@accenture.com.INVALID> wrote:

    Hi ,

    Is it possible to auto scale Kafka? If it is not directly supported, then is there automated way of adding brokers and perform other tasks like partition rebalancing.

    Regards,
    Akash D Goel
    Digital & Business Integration Manager

    www.accenture.com

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential, may contain sensitive information, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail immediately and destroy all copies of the e-mail and any attachments.