Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jane Young <ja...@oracle.com> on 2011/09/02 13:03:07 UTC

exclude a list of groupId:artifactId using maven-dependency-plugin

Hi,

Is there a way to exclude a comma separated list of "groupId:artifactId"
using maven-dependency-plugin:copy-dependencies?

The reason I'm asking this is that there are identical artifactIds but
with different groupIds in the dependency  tree and  I want to
distinguish the artifactId to exclude.  However, I do not want to use
"excludeGroupIds" since there are artifacts in the groupId that I want
to copy.

Thanks,
Jane

Re: exclude a list of groupId:artifactId using maven-dependency-plugin

Posted by cowwoc <co...@bbs.darktech.org>.
Jane Young-2 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to exclude a comma separated list of "groupId:artifactId"
> using maven-dependency-plugin:copy-dependencies?
>
> The reason I'm asking this is that there are identical artifactIds but
> with different groupIds in the dependency  tree and  I want to
> distinguish the artifactId to exclude.  However, I do not want to use
> "excludeGroupIds" since there are artifacts in the groupId that I want
> to copy.
>
> Thanks,
> Jane

I need something similar. <excludeArtifactIds> fails to exclude artifacts
containing classifiers, and I don't want to exclude all artifacts with that
classifier. A comma-separated
"groupId:artifactId:version:packaging:classifier" would be perfect (where
version, packaging, classifier are optional).

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Gili