Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jiger Java <ji...@hotmail.com> on 2002/02/11 12:17:16 UTC

Url Rewriting in Tomcat4.0

Hi,
    Is is possible to do url rewriting  in Tomcat. Something such that when
a request like

http://www.server.com/reseller comes in then the server will
execute/get/map/etc etc & the final url will become as
http://server.com/servlet/LoginServlet?role=reseller
which is then the named servlet be executed. The <servlet-mapping> allows
only Servlet Class file name & alias but not alias with params. Can we do so
in Tomcat 4.0.

Thanks & Awaiting your replies,
Jiger

Re: Url Rewriting in Tomcat4.0

Posted by Paul Downs <pa...@positive-internet.com>.

--On 11 February 2002 16:47 +0530 Jiger Java <ji...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

> http://www.server.com/reseller comes in then the server will
> execute/get/map/etc etc & the final url will become as
> http://server.com/servlet/LoginServlet?role=reseller
> which is then the named servlet be executed. The <servlet-mapping> allows
> only Servlet Class file name & alias but not alias with params. Can we do
> so in Tomcat 4.0.

  If you are running tomcat 4 with the apache web server then you could
perhaps do this through mod_rewrite.  I don't think it is possible through
Tomcat4 directly unless you want to write a servlet that responds to
http://www.server.com/reseller by redirecting to the url you want? ;)

Paul