Posted to log4cxx-dev@logging.apache.org by Daniel Toplak <D....@cadenas.de> on 2010/04/12 11:28:30 UTC

some contributions

Hi,

we using log4cxx as our central logging engine and had made some changes to match our requirements:

-       Some changes to fileappender to do simultaneous logging from more then one process

-       A processname and process id pattern converter

-       A highperformance converter (to get a fine granularity timestamp)

-       Microseconds date format (only under UNIX)

-       Some enhancement for Thread id's

Attached is the unified diff file against version 0.10.0 in the "src" subdir.

Regards
Daniel

AW: AW: some contributions

Posted by Daniel Toplak <D....@cadenas.de>.
Feel free to do with this code what you want. This code is not licensed by me or our company.
Don't understand me wrong I have submitted the code, so you can take a look at it and decide from a project manager view if you want to use it in log4cxx or not.

Regards
Daniel Toplak

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org>.

AW: some contributions

Posted by Daniel Toplak <D....@cadenas.de>.
Hi,

The use of "we" and "our" in your description needs to be elaborated.  Contribution work on behalf of a corporation or on behalf of other developers requires more care.  Please read http://www.apache.org/legal and http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt.  The most straight forward situation would be if each feature was the work of a single developer and each developer filed a bug report for his individual contribution.

Re: some contributions

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org>.
Thanks.