Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by NY...@aol.com on 2004/07/01 14:09:58 UTC

Re: Schema generation in Axis?

In all likelihood I did not understand your question, however you can  import
a schema using the following statement:

<wsdl:import namespace="<path to web service namespace>"
location="<schemaname>.xsd"/>

James

In a message dated 7/1/2004 8:07:54 AM Eastern Standard Time,
jeff.deppen@paytec.com writes:

All,

I'm designing/developing multiple web services which share  a common
"library" of data types (classes).  When I deploy the  services, the
Axis-generated WSDL "files" include the complete definition  (schema) of each
type - i.e. each complex type is "re-defined" in the  <wsdl:types><schema>
node.  Now, here's my question:   is there a way to have Axis generate a
schema file/definition which is  imported by each WSDL instead of definining
each type (again and again)  within each WSDL?

thanks
jeff

Re: Schema generation in Axis?

Posted by HG <ax...@nospam.websolver.dk>.
Hi Anne

Sorry for interferring in the discussion... hope it is ok.

I am about to define a "schema model", a collection of schemas with types that can be shared across web services, eg. imported into WSDLs

Is it possible for WSDL2Java to generate the proxy for the schema to one package, say org.me.schemamodel, and the proxy for the service to another package, say org.me.ws?
If so, would WSDL2Java take into account that the proxy for the schema, say "user", has already been generated if two WSDLs imports the schema for "user".

Reason for asking is that a someone on the .NET newgroups discussed this earlier...NET (in the current version), doesn't handle this very well, eg. you get a new proxy class each time a import element in the WSDL is processed...You end up having User1Proxy, User2Proxy, etc...for the same schema...

This might be a namespace problem...I don't know..Do you..Anyone?

Thanx in advance...

Henrik

  Currently Axis does not generate a reusable schema that's separate from the WSDL. Instead it generates a types section within the WSDL file. If you would like the option of generating a separate schema definition, then you should file an enhancement request. For example, provide a switch on java2wsdl that permits you to generate a separate .xsd file or to use a specified .xsd file. As a result, Axis would generate a separate .xsd file and then import that file into the WSDL using the command that James refers to below.

  Anne