Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/02 17:55:56 UTC

Re: help need - jmeter

hi
You need to read up on how HTTP and the browser works.
When you submit something on the browser , you are normally making a HTTP
POST to the html fom's action with some parameters(the textboxes/radio
buttons that you filled) sent to the server.
You can simulate what the browser sends when it submits a form using Jmeter.
You cannot simulate browser functionality (e.g. javascript or selecting of a
drop down or click of a radio button). So you need to find out what the
browser posts on submit and recreate the same in JMeter. There are various
ways of doing this
a. Record whatever the browser is doing using the Jmeter Proxy Server (or
badboy ). These will generate the Jmeter Script. If you only want to see
what the browser is doing , you can also use something like Fiddler.
b. use something like LiveHttpheaders for Firefox

regards
deepak