Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by abhijit bashetti <ab...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/12 09:14:45 UTC

OOM issue

Hi,

I am getting the OOM error.

I am working with multi-core for solr . I am using DIH for indexing. I have
also integrated TIKA for content extraction.

I am using ORACLE 10g DB.

In the solrconfig.xml , I have added

<filterCache class="solr.FastLRUCache"
                 size="512"
                 initialSize="512"
                 autowarmCount="0"/>

<queryResultCache class="solr.LRUCache"
                     size="512"
                     initialSize="512"
                     autowarmCount="0"/>

<documentCache class="solr.LRUCache"
                   size="512"
                   initialSize="512"
                   autowarmCount="0"/>

 <lockType>native</lockType>

My indexing server is on linux with 8GB of ram.
I am indexing huge document set. 10 cores are there. every core has 300 000
documents.

I got the OOM error for a xlsx document which is of 25MB size.

On the Indexing server , I am doing indexing (first time indexing for a new
core added) , re-indexing and searching also.

Do I need to create multiple solr webapps to resolve the issues.

Or I need add more RAM to the system so as to avoid OOM.

Regards,
Abhijit

Re: OOM issue

Posted by Manish Bafna <ma...@gmail.com>.
Are you using Tika to do the extraction of content?
You might be getting OOM because of huge xlsx file.

Try having bigger RAM and you might not get the issue.