Posted to users@openjpa.apache.org by Henry Lu <zh...@umich.edu> on 2009/02/18 15:03:51 UTC

I am new

to the OpenJpa. Could anyone send me a simple example of open,select a
table from foxpro file?

-Henry

Re: I am new

Posted by Henry Lu <zh...@umich.edu>.
Think you Kenvin for your great help. Could you or someone show me how
to configure persistence.xml file and java code to open a foxpro file or
MS Access db file?

-Henry

Re: I am new

Posted by Rick Curtis <cu...@gmail.com>.
Henry -

I don't have experience with MS Access DB or Foxpro, but I would think your
first step would be to create a simple java application that is able to
successfully access your database. At that point, take those database
connection properties and put them into your persistence.xml file.

You'll want to checkout Appendix 2 in the OpenJPA user manual where it talks
about supported databases and known issues.

http://openjpa.apache.org/builds/latest/docs/manual/manual.html#dbsupport_foxpro
http://openjpa.apache.org/builds/latest/docs/manual/manual.html#dbsupport_access_issues

-Rick

Re: I am new