Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Asaf Mesika <as...@gmail.com> on 2023/05/07 09:20:08 UTC

[VOTE] PIP-261: Restructure Getting Started section

Hi,

PIP-261 as been opened for quite some time, garnered feedback from 3
people, which was implemented in the PIP.

It is time to start the vote.

PIP: https://github.com/apache/pulsar/issues/19912

Thanks!

Asaf

Re: [VOTE] PIP-261: Restructure Getting Started section

Posted by PengHui Li <pe...@apache.org>.
Hi Asaf,

I have updated the wiki page.

Thanks,
Penghui

Posted by Asaf Mesika <as...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Asaf Mesika <as...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Asaf Mesika <as...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, May 8, 2023 at 12:31 PM PengHui Li <pe...@apache.org> wrote:

> I have one question about the ready-made applications under the Getting
> Started section.
> Should we consider putting the application's source code into another repo?
> So that users can fork the repo to play the application and check how it
> works.
> Otherwise, users must follow the steps to build the application by
> themselves.

I agree. I quote from the PIP:

Each tutorial will have a link to a repository containing the full example

Posted by PengHui Li <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Yu <li...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Hang Chen <ch...@apache.org>.