Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Michael Finney <fi...@ACM.org> on 2010/01/22 03:30:01 UTC

Re: The GWT Plugin

Hi.

I have a struts 2 application.  I followed the directions at
http://cwiki.apache.org/S2PLUGINS/gwt-plugin.html

I do not see my Struts2FillGwt class's onModuleLoad method getting
called when I go to
http://localhost:8092/struts2Fill/Gwtandstruts2.html  It's not
dynamically populating my   <td id="sendButtonContainer"></td>

It's set up as an entry point.

I wonder if  http://localhost:8092/struts2Fill/Gwtandstruts2.html  is
really the way to enter the struts2/gwt-plugin powered site.

Should it be something like:
http://localhost:8888/Gwtandstruts2.html?gwt.codesvr=10.0.0.4:9997
and how do I get that gwt.codesvr=....?

2009/12/17 Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>:

> the endpoints would have the same class attribute from the action tag e.g.
> <action name="Hello" class="example.Hello" method="hello">
> MyServiceAsync service = (MyServiceAsync) GWT.create(MyService.class);
> ServiceDefTarget endpoint = (ServiceDefTarget) service;
> endpoint.setServiceEntryPoint("Hello.action");
>
> http://cwiki.apache.org/S2PLUGINS/gwt-plugin.html
>
> Martin Gainty
> independant?
>
> Diese Nachricht ist vertraulich. Sollten Sie nicht der vorgesehene Empfaenger sein, so bitten wir hoeflich um eine Mitteilung. Jede unbefugte Weiterleitung oder Fertigung einer Kopie ist unzulaessig. Diese Nachricht dient lediglich dem Austausch von Informationen und entfaltet keine rechtliche Bindungswirkung. Aufgrund der leichten Manipulierbarkeit von E-Mails koennen wir keine Haftung fuer den Inhalt uebernehmen.
> Ce message est confidentiel et peut être privilégié. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire prévu, nous te demandons avec bonté que pour satisfaire informez l'expéditeur. N'importe quelle diffusion non autorisée ou la copie de ceci est interdite. Ce message sert à l'information seulement et n'aura pas n'importe quel effet légalement obligatoire. Étant donné que les email peuvent facilement être sujets à la manipulation, nous ne pouvons accepter aucune responsabilité pour le contenu fourni.
>

>> Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 16:38:37 +0500
>> Subject: The GWT Plugin
>> From: saeedcs@gmail.com
>> To: user@struts.apache.org
>>
>> I am planning to use GWT in some of my projects, the Struts 2 + GWT Plugin
>> looks very good. How do I make it work with Struts on parts of the project,
>> will it need multiple entrypoint 's?
>>
>> --
>> Saeed Iqbal
>> Independant Consultant
>> J2EE - Application Architect / Developer

Michael Finney - "Always Striving To Serve You Better Every Day"
http://www.SmilingSoftwareSolutions.com