Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by AnthonyI <et...@att.net> on 2012/10/23 00:34:52 UTC

Deploying RESTful web services on Geronimo 3.0/CXF

I am trying to implement RESTful web services and started with the
converter-jaxws example. I am on Geronimo 3.0 with the
GERONIMO_OPTS=-Dorg.apache.geronimo.jaxws.provider=cxf set. I am getting
this exception when I try to deploy. Can anyone provide an explanation?

2012-10-22 17:59:57,667 ERROR [DeploymentPortlet] The application was not
deployed.
POJO web service: ConverterService not configured by any web service builder
org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: POJO web service:
ConverterService not configured by any web service builder
        at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.deployment.TomcatModuleBuilder.addGBeans(TomcatModuleBuilder.java:636)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.SwitchingModuleBuilder.addGBeans(SwitchingModuleBuilder.java:174)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARConfigBuilder.buildConfiguration(EARConfigBuilder.java:764)
        at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:256)
        at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:140)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.ReflectionMethodInvoker.invoke(ReflectionMethodInvoker.java:34)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:131)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:883)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.invoke(BasicKernel.java:245)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.AbstractDeployCommand.doDeploy(AbstractDeployCommand.java:116)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.DistributeCommand.run(DistributeCommand.java:61)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Thanks in advance
AnthonyI

Re: Deploying RESTful web services on Geronimo 3.0/CXF

Posted by AnthonyI <et...@att.net>.
OK, thank you for letting me know. The console still has a note that says CXF
is an integrated part f Geronimo. Might want to remove that.
Thanks

Posted by viola lu <vi...@gmail.com>.
CXF is not tested and supported in Geronimo 3.0, you can use axis2 as its
jaxws provider.

On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 6:34 AM, AnthonyI <et...@att.net> wrote:

> I am trying to implement RESTful web services and started with the
> converter-jaxws example. I am on Geronimo 3.0 with the
> GERONIMO_OPTS=-Dorg.apache.geronimo.jaxws.provider=cxf set. I am getting
> this exception when I try to deploy. Can anyone provide an explanation?
>

> 2012-10-22 17:59:57,667 ERROR [DeploymentPortlet] The application was not
> deployed.
> POJO web service: ConverterService not configured by any web service
> builder
> org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: POJO web service:
> ConverterService not configured by any web service builder
>         at
>
> org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.deployment.TomcatModuleBuilder.addGBeans(TomcatModuleBuilder.java:636)
>         at
>
> org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.SwitchingModuleBuilder.addGBeans(SwitchingModuleBuilder.java:174)
>         at
>
> org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARConfigBuilder.buildConfiguration(EARConfigBuilder.java:764)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:256)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:140)
>         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
>         at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
>         at
>
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.ReflectionMethodInvoker.invoke(ReflectionMethodInvoker.java:34)
>         at
>
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:131)
>         at
>
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:883)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.invoke(BasicKernel.java:245)
>         at
>
> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.AbstractDeployCommand.doDeploy(AbstractDeployCommand.java:116)
>         at
>
> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.DistributeCommand.run(DistributeCommand.java:61)
>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
>

> Thanks in advance
> AnthonyI

viola