Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Pankaj Gupta <pa...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/11 11:55:25 UTC

Pagination using Struts library

Hi All,

Is there any way Jaakata /SUN library or any api in struts which can be used
implement pagination.

I suggested Display tag and Page Loader, but since they are not open source,
not ssociated with Jakarta/Sun, user is not agreeging to it?

Any suggestions would be appreciated?

Thanks,
Pankaj

RE: Pagination using Struts library

Posted by Jason Pyeron <jp...@pdinc.us>.

http://www.displaytag.org/1.2/ is niether unsuported or supported, is is a JSP
tag library not associated with Struts.

To answer if it can be used, yes I have used it in struts 1 and struts 2.

> Thanks,
> Pankaj
>
> On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 5:36 PM, Dave Newton
> <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > There isn't any; Struts is largely front-end neutral. Check
> the jQuery
> > plugin, otherwise your best bet is to use any of the myriad
> pagination
> > libs.
> >
> > DisplayTag is open-source, BTW.
> >
> > Dave
> >   On May 11, 2011 7:48 AM, "Pankaj Gupta"
> <pa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > But I am looking for Pagination in Struts framework specifically.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Pankaj
> > >

> > > On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 3:51 PM, Kushan Jayathilake
> > ><kushanxp@gmail.com

> struts which
> > be

> they are not

-                                                               -
- Jason Pyeron                      PD Inc. http://www.pdinc.us -
- Principal Consultant              10 West 24th Street #100    -
- +1 (443) 269-1555 x333            Baltimore, Maryland 21218   -
-                                                               -

Re: Pagination using Struts library

Posted by Pankaj Gupta <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dave,

Posted by Dave Newton <da...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 10:04 AM, Miguel wrote:
> Speaking of which, Dave, have you used displaytag recently?

I've never used it at all.

> This is due to the fact that displaytag's export url is
> Someaction.action?6578706f7274=1&d-16533-e=5 and 6578706f7274 doesn't
> seem to be valid on recent versions.

OGNL expects valid property names, things starting with numbers aren't
valid Java property names.

Dave

Re: Pagination using Struts library

Posted by arin_12 <ar...@lycos.com>.
Recently when I tried the jQuery Grid from the website it is not able to edit
the grid. Seems like there is some problem. I have posted the same in the
forum. Dont know it has been fixed or not. Try this below url.

http://www.weinfreund.de/struts2-jquery-grid-showcase/index.action

Re: Pagination using Struts library

Posted by Zoran Avtarovski <zo...@sparecreative.com>.
You'll need to make some mods for displaytag to work with S2.

1. You'll need to add an acceptableParameterName method to your classes,
we just add it to our base class.
2. You have to add the Displaytag responseOverrideFilter to your web.xml
for the export to work

Having said all that, we are moving away from display tag and to jQuery
Datatables. Honestly our life has become so much easier since we started
incorporating more client side javascript. The code is easier to follow,
ajax calls make security a breeze and the server load is considerably
lighter.

Z.

Posted by Miguel <mi...@almeida.at>.

Posted by Dave Newton <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Emi Lu <em...@encs.concordia.ca>.
> displaytag1.2 + struts2 + tiles works good for me.
>
> displaytag is a very good tool for pagination.
>
> http://www.displaytag.org/1.2/

Another paging feature I found just recently is: DataTables

http://www.datatables.net/index

The online doc shows good features, but I have not done production app
based on it yet.

while for displaytag, I do use it a lot with struts2 + displaytag + tiles.

Displaytag does good with paging for struts2.

Emi

--
Emi Lu, ENCS, Concordia University, Montreal H3G 1M8
emilu@encs.concordia.ca        +1 514 848-2424 x5884

Re: Pagination using Struts library

Posted by Emi Lu <em...@encs.concordia.ca>.

Posted by Amol Ghotankar <gh...@gmail.com>.
You have struts 2 jquery plugin for grid and full hibernate support plugin
to do pagination.

With Best Regards,

Amol Ghotankar
Technical Lead