Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2014/06/11 10:52:56 UTC

Re: Route deployed in deploy directory using activemq does not start after ServiceMix restart

Hi guys,

I reopen the Jira this morning to investigate and I plan to work on the
Karaf 2.3.6 Jira this afternoon and tomorrow.
It's a question of timing. I should have close the Jira for a Karaf
2.3.6 release by the end of this week. So Karaf 2.3.6 could be out next
week.

If we consider it's a bit late, we can release ServiceMix 5.1.0/5.0.2
with Karaf 2.3.4 (and updated Camel/CXF/...) today and prepare
ServiceMix 5.1.1/5.0.3 in 2/3 weeks.

Regards
JB

On 06/11/2014 10:47 AM, Gert Vanthienen wrote:
> Hi Krzysztof,
>
> That's not good news, indeed!  Can you perhaps take a thread dump next
> time you see this, it might help us figure out why it's going wrong or
> what the best way to fix it is.
>
> We are now almost 10 days after the first attempt to release 5.1.0.
> Even if we can fix this in Karaf today and start a release vote there,
> it would still be early next week at the very best before we can build
> another release candidate for ServiceMix.  Would it worth considering
> to do a ServiceMix 5.1.0 and 5.0.2 release with Karaf 2.3.4 (so at
> least users would have the updated versions of Camel, Activiti, ...
> available) and then follow up with 5.1.1/5.0.3 once Karaf 2.3.6 is
> out?
>
> Regards,
>
> Gert Vanthienen
>

> On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 10:46 PM, Krzysztof Sobkowiak
> <kr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I have bad news. I have just tested the problem again using the new
>> 2.3.6-SNAPSHOT and the problems still exists (but after more, 3-4,
>> restarts). I have reverted the changes for KARAF-2760 and built Karaf.
>> It solved the problem. It means, KARAF-2760 causes the problem. But it
>> seems KARAF-2910 causes the problem does not exist after first restart.
>> But after more restarts the problem exists again.
>>
>> Best regards
>> Krzysztof
>>
>> On 01.06.2014 19:16, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>>> I agree, but please, give a couple of days to update and integrate
>>> some fixes in 2.3.6-SNAPSHOT. I will tackle the update in ServiceMix
>>> myself if you don't mind.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Regards

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Route deployed in deploy directory using activemq does not start after ServiceMix restart

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Krzysztof,

did you already create a Jira at Karaf about the hot deploy issue (link
to SM-2325) ?

If not, I will do it and work on the issue.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Route deployed in deploy directory using activemq does not start after ServiceMix restart

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
OK I tackle that !

Thanks,
Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Route deployed in deploy directory using activemq does not start after ServiceMix restart

Posted by "Sobkowiak, Krzysztof" <kr...@gmail.com>.
I have forgotten to mention the problem occurs on vanilla Karaf too.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Thanks for the update.

I created a local branch reverting a couple of changes that I'm suspecting.

I keep you posted this afternoon.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Route deployed in deploy directory using activemq does not start after ServiceMix restart

Posted by "Sobkowiak, Krzysztof" <kr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Sobkowiak, Krzysztof" <kr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Route deployed in deploy directory using activemq does not start after ServiceMix restart

Posted by "Sobkowiak, Krzysztof" <kr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jean-Baptiste