Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> on 2008/01/31 22:53:53 UTC

[RESULT][VOTE] Please approve Tuscany SCA Java 1.1-incubating release (RC3a)

On Jan 31, 2008 2:30 PM, Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Jan 31, 2008 10:27 AM, ant elder <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > +1
> >
> >   ...ant
> >
> > On Jan 28, 2008 5:31 PM, Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> >
> > >  Hi,
> > >
> > > The previous VOTE thread here for SCA Java 1.1-incubating identified
> > some
> > > issues.
> > >
> > > http://www.mail-archive.com/general@incubator.apache.org/msg16483.html
> > >
> > > A new release candidate (RC3a) has been created addressing the issues
> > as
> > > discussed in the previous thread. I'm starting this IPMC VOTE thread
> > in
> > > parallel with the project vote thread as the material content of the
> > > release
> > > hasn't changed significantly and I don't want to delay before getting
> > IPMC
> > > eyeballs on it.
> > >
> > > The ongoing thread in the Tuscany community can be found here
> > >
> > > http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev%40ws.apache.org/msg27401.html
> > >
> > > The release includes a set of bug-fixes and new function such as the
> > > implementation of binding.jms. You can see a list of changes at:
> > >

> > http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/tags/java/sca/1.1-RC3a/distribution/src/main/release/CHANGES
> > >
> > > The signed binary and source distributions, the RAT reports, and the
> > Maven
> > > staging repository are listed at the following links.
> > >
> > > SVN Tag:
> > >
> > http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/tags/java/sca/1.1-RC3a/
> > >
> > > Stage maven repo:
> > > http://people.apache.org/~slaws/tuscany/1.1-RC3a/maven/<http://people.apache.org/%7Eslaws/tuscany/1.1-RC3a/maven/>
> > <http://people.apache.org/%7Eslaws/tuscany/1.1-RC3a/maven/>
> > > <http://people.apache.org/%7Eslaws/tuscany/1.1-RC3a/maven/>
> > >
> > > RAT report:
> > > http://people.apache.org/~slaws/tuscany/1.1-RC3a/rat-1.1-RC3a.txt<http://people.apache.org/%7Eslaws/tuscany/1.1-RC3a/rat-1.1-RC3a.txt>
> > <http://people.apache.org/%7Eslaws/tuscany/1.1-RC3a/rat-1.1-RC3a.txt>
> > > <http://people.apache.org/%7Eslaws/tuscany/1.1-RC3a/rat-1.1-RC3a.txt>
> > >
> > > Binary and source distros (zip/gz/asc/md5) :
> > > http://people.apache.org/~slaws/tuscany/1.1-RC3a/<http://people.apache.org/%7Eslaws/tuscany/1.1-RC3a/>
> > <http://people.apache.org/%7Eslaws/tuscany/1.1-RC3a/>
> > > <http://people.apache.org/%7Eslaws/tuscany/1.1-RC3a/>
> > >
> > > Please review and approve the release. This vote will remain open for
> > at
> > > least 72 hours.
> > >
> > > Thank you for your attention,
> > >
> > > Simon
> > >

> Quick update.
>
> We brought the project vote to a successful conclusion -
> http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev%40ws.apache.org/msg27556.html
>
> We worked with sebb to track down his build issue and explain the missing
> files in the source archive -
> [...]
Hi,

I'm glad to conclude that this release is now passed with +1s from the
following IPMC members:

Matthieu Riou
Kevan Miller
Ant Elder

and with 1 non-binding +1 from:

Raymond Feng

No -1 or 0 votes.

Thanks to everyone, and particularly to sebb, for all the feedback and for
making this release a good one.

Simon