Posted to dev@tika.apache.org by Maxim Valyanskiy <ma...@jet.msk.su> on 2011/06/01 09:06:16 UTC

Re: Image Extraction

Hello!

31.05.2011 20:01, sgraessle пишет:
> 2. I need to be able to extract the images within the parsed documents and
> saved them as well. Would the best place to do this be to create my own
> ImageParser and add a few lines in the Parse method?

Tika command line application with '-z' switch can extract images (and other
attachements) to separate files. Look at its implementation

best wishes, Max

Re: Image Extraction

Posted by sgraessle <st...@gmail.com>.
Max,

Thanks for the information. I seem to be unable to locate information on the
usage of the '-z' switch, would you have a link to a page I can read up on?
Having a hard time find if and where the content is being extracted too.

Thanks!

Stephen