Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Aaron Longwell <li...@newmedialogic.com> on 2003/06/16 07:42:08 UTC

addLessThan or addBetween with Dates in mySQL

OJB Experts,

I am using mySQL with OJB to build an event calendar. I need to display
1 month's worth of events. At first, I tried code like this:

criteria.addBetween("EventDate", startDate, endDate);

where startDate and endDate are java.util.Dates. I got no results, even
though there are events in the database between those two dates. I
retried with a single addGreaterOrEqualThan(). This worked as expected,
returning events whose date was on or after the startDate submitted. I
then tried the addLessOrEqualThan(). This returned 0 results, even
though there are events before the submitted date in the database.

The Javadocs show examples of these commands being used with integers
and not dates. Am I wrong to even attempt this? I would prefer not to
implement my method an addSQL() call. I would think Date-handling would
be automatic with an OJB tool.

Thanks for the help,
Aaron

Re: addLessThan or addBetween with Dates in mySQL

Posted by Jakob Braeuchi <jb...@gmx.ch>.
hi aaron,

p6spy is a jdbc-logger shipped with ojb. it provides a special driver
(it's actually a wrapper) com.p6spy.engine.spy.P6SpyDriver which you'll
have to use in the connection-descriptor:

     <jdbc-connection-descriptor
        default-connection="true"
        jcd-alias="default"
           platform="MySQL"
           jdbc-level="2.0"
           driver="com.p6spy.engine.spy.P6SpyDriver"
           protocol="jdbc"
           subprotocol="mysql"
           dbalias="//localhost:3306/brjtest"
           username=""
           password=""
        batch-mode="false"

        <sequence-manager
className="org.apache.ojb.broker.util.sequence.SequenceManagerHighLowImpl">
            <attribute attribute-name="grabSize" attribute-value="20"/>
        </sequence-manager>
        <connection-pool
            maxActive="5"
            whenExhaustedAction="0"/>
    </jdbc-connection-descriptor>

in the file spy.properties the real driver has to be defined:

# the mysql open source driver
realdriver=org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver

the appender  let's you select the output destination:

#specifies the appender to use for logging
#appender=com.p6spy.engine.logging.appender.Log4jLogger
appender=com.p6spy.engine.logging.appender.StdoutLogger
#appender=com.p6spy.engine.logging.appender.FileLogger

hth
jakob

Posted by Aaron Longwell <li...@newmedialogic.com>.

Posted by Jakob Braeuchi <jb...@gmx.ch>.
hi aaron,

you can use p6spy to log all the sql.
btw it works with my installation:

        QueryByCriteria query;
        Criteria crit;
        Date d1, d2;

Posted by Aaron Longwell <li...@newmedialogic.com>.
Jakob,

Posted by Jakob Braeuchi <jb...@gmx.ch>.
hi aaron,

Posted by Aaron Longwell <li...@newmedialogic.com>.
Edson,

Posted by Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter <ed...@mgrinformatica.com.br>.
Nop. I'm using SapDB and MS SQL.
Maybe you are having some kind of driver issue here.

Edson Richter

I'm actually using the same conversion... were you using mySQL?

Thanks,
Aaron

Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter wrote:

>Hi!
>
>I've used Dates normally with less than, greater than and between with
>SapDB.
>Unique thing I had todo is put a "conversion" in field like:
>
>conversion="org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.conversions.JavaDate2SqlTimes
>ampFieldConversion"
>
>then it works for me.
>
>Edson Richter

---

Re: addLessThan or addBetween with Dates in mySQL

Posted by Aaron Longwell <li...@newmedialogic.com>.
Edison,