Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Bryan Kearney <bk...@redhat.com> on 2009/04/17 21:03:48 UTC

Moving to 2.2, and using policy

I just upgraded to 2.2 (using jbossws-cxf-3.1.1) and I had to make an
odd chnage to my wsdl to get it to parse. I dont know if it is a
problem, but I figured I would pass it along.

Before the move I had the following policy definition:

<wsp:Policy wsp:Id="WCFBackendBeanPortBindingPolicy">
<!--Snip-->
</wsp:Policy>

and I referenced it with:

<wsp:PolicyReference URI="#WCFBackendBeanPortBindingPolicy" />

All was good. This did not work in 2.2. I needed to modify the
definition with:

<wsp:Policy wsu:Id="WCFBackendBeanPortBindingPolicy">
<!--Snip-->
</wsp:Policy>

Adding a wsu namespace of:

xmlns:wsu="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-utility-1.0.xsd

Is that the expected behaviour?

-- bk

Re: Moving to 2.2, and using policy

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
Just looked at the spec:

http://www.w3.org/TR/ws-policy/#Policy_Identification

and it allows only wsu:Id or xml:id, not wsp:Id.   Thus, if that worked
previously, it was probably a bug that got fixed/tightened.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org