Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com> on 2016/11/29 04:16:39 UTC

Re: Want to find more contributors for your Apache project?

Anyone having success with helpwanted.apache.org <http://helpwanted.apache.org/>? I’ve gotten a dozen or so responses (for Apache Curator). Not one of them has even bothered to subscribe to the email list. I always thank them for their interest and point them at the bug DB, etc. and then - nothing. I’m afraid this is attracting folks looking for a quick bump for the CVs :(

-Jordan

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
I am also experiencing the same trend. It is easy to click "Interested",
even if there is no real energy behind that interest. I have tried the
smoothest and most hand-holding ways, but even fail to get an email
response. I am also in the dozen or two responses,
So I think we need to either accept a very high signal-noise ratio, or come
up with a better way of engagement.

Cheers
Niclas

--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

Re: Want to find more contributors for your Apache project?

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.