Posted to marketing@cloudstack.apache.org by Kimihiko Kitase <Ki...@citrix.co.jp> on 2013/07/04 13:32:28 UTC

2013-07-04 Japanese CloudStack Community Weekly Update

We started to post Japanese CloudStack Community Weekly Update from this week, because most of Japanese hesitate to post English into general English mailing list. So I just want to let you know summary of Japanese community status as representative of JCSUG (Japan CloudStack User Group)

# # #

### New board member
	No updates

### Next board meeting
	7/11 19:00 in Creationline

### Projects
## Globalization (L10n / i18n) (led by Chiba san and Shimazaki san)
	Chiba san and Shimazaki san will organize Doc Sprint for 2 times June and July.

## Build OSS Cloud Certification
	LPI Japan is very positive to build new certification, OSS Cloud based on Apache CloudStack. LPI Japan almost agreed. Final decision will be done by 7/E.

## 4.1 evaluation project (led by Oge san from JCSUG))
	# Project page: http://180.37.182.53/projects/cloudstack4-1-pj
	# Theme
		1 : VM Snapshots, FS Investigate and add back KVM snapshot support
		2 : Resize Data Volumes, CPU and RAM Overcommit
		3 : AWS-Style Regions, S3-based secondary Storage
		4 : Site-to-Site VPN 2.0
		5 : IPv6 support, Add Remove Networks to VMs, Persistent Networks
		6 : API Request Throttling
		7 : Cloudstack Ceph RBD Setup
		8 : AutoScaling
		9 : Upgrade from old version to 4.1
## Book
	# CloudStack book (from Shoueisha): Published on 2013/01/29
		Printed: 1st: 3000, 2nd: 2500
		Books sold by 2013/06/04 since 2013/01/29: 3087
		Electric version: http://goo.gl/xISJj
		Created CloudStack Book digest video: http://cloudstack.jp/cloudstack%E5%BE%B9%E5%BA%95%E5%85%A5%E9%96%80
	# Another CloudStack book covered 4.1(from Impress):
		Oge san is writing now.

## Event
	[7/14] July Tech Festa: JCSUG will have a session. http://www.techfesta.jp/
	[7/E] 14th Japan CloudStack User Group Meeting in Tokyo: Under consideration.
	[8/2] 13th Japan CloudStack User Group Meeting in Osaka: http://atnd.org/events/40712
		1. CCC13 report
		2. Snapshot deep dive
		3. Autoscale deep dive
		4. CloudStack + Ceph/RBD
		5. Other 4.1 new feature deep dive
		6. CloudStack LXC
		7. CloudStack + Scalr / CloudStack API
		8. CloudStack + Nicira
		9. TBD
		10. TBD
	[8/2, 3] OSC Kyoto: JCSUG will have a session. http://www.ospn.jp/osc2013-kyoto/
	[9/3] Cloud Show Japan: JCSUG will have a session. http://cloudshow.jp/
	[9/14] OSC Hokkaido: JCSUG may have a session. Under consideration.

If you have any comment, please let admin at cloudstack.jp know.

Thanks,
JCSUG

Web: http://cloudstack.jp
Ustream http://www.ustream.tv/channel/cloudstackja
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB_l4yMR2rE6VWa_H-THPWQ
Twitter: @cloudstackja
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cloudstackjapan
Admin ML: admin@cloudstack.jp
User ML: users@cloudstack.jp

We started to post Japanese CloudStack Community Weekly Update from this week, because most of Japanese hesitate to post English into general English mailing list. So I just wants to let you know summary of Japanese community status as representative of JCSUG (Japan CloudStack User Group)

# # #

# New board member
	No updates

# Globalization (L10n / i18n) (led by Chiba san and Shimazaki san)
	Chiba san and Shimazaki san will organize Doc Sprint for 2 times June and July.
		# 1st doc sprint has been done on June 18th

# Build OSS Cloud Certification (led by Kimi)
	LPI Japan is very positive to develop new certification, OSS Cloud based on Apache CloudStack. Peder met President of LPI Japan.

# CloudStack Collaboration Conference 2013
	8 Japanese joined. Mayumi Koshimizu, chair of JCSUG joined.

	[6/18] CloudStack Japanese Doc Sprint. Done. http://atnd.org/events/40193
	[7/14] July Tech Festa: JCSUG will have a session.
http://www.techfesta.jp/
	[7/E] 14th Japan CloudStack User Group Meeting in Tokyo: Consider to have MeetUp.
		Agenda should be similar to Osaka MeetUp.