Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Chris Dickerson <ch...@tsc.com> on 2002/12/17 14:41:57 UTC

DumpHeader Apache Perl Mod

Config:
--------
Apache::DumpHeaders 0.94
http://search.cpan.org/author/ABH/Apache-DumpHeaders-0.94/DumpHeaders.pm

OS: Mandrake Linux 9.0
Apache: Apache-AdvancedExtranetServer/1.3.26
        (Mandrake Linux/5mdk) mod_perl/1.27
        Server Built: Sep 6 2002 19:31:19

mod_perl is functioning correctly as I tested it with the test file that
ships with mod_perl:
mod_perl-testscript.pl

I followed the instructions for building and installing an Apache Perl
mod, issuing the
command perl -e "DumpHeaders.pm;" works fine.

In the "commonhttpd.conf" file, I put the commands:

<IfModule mod_perl.c>
    <Location />
        PerlLogHandler  Apache::DumpHeaders
        PerlSetVar      DumpHeaders_File test.txt
    </Location>
</IfModule>

If I didn't wrap them in the IfModule.. Apache wouldn't load correctly.
There are several
.conf files in this Apache version:

commonhttpd.conf  httpd.conf  httpd-perl.conf

The commonhttpd.conf gets included in the main httpd.conf file.

Problem:
---------
I don't quite understand how this mod is supposed to work. The
instructions say that it should
write a file that contains the dump of headers.. but I don't see a file
being written anywhere.

The archive that Apache::DumpHeaders was in, didn't include any examples
or a demo so I really don't
know how it's supposed to be used. Being a log handler, I would think
that it's something that
gets executed for every page (which would be fine).

I hope this is the correct place for this type on inquiry.

Thanks
Chris

Re: DumpHeader Apache Perl Mod

Posted by Ask Bjoern Hansen <as...@develooper.com>.
On Tue, 17 Dec 2002, Chris Dickerson wrote:

> <IfModule mod_perl.c>
>     <Location />
>         PerlLogHandler  Apache::DumpHeaders
>         PerlSetVar      DumpHeaders_File test.txt
>     </Location>
> </IfModule>
>
> If I didn't wrap them in the IfModule.. Apache wouldn't load correctly.

Er; then mod_perl is probably not enabled in the httpd that is using
that configuration file.

> There are several
> .conf files in this Apache version:
>
> commonhttpd.conf  httpd.conf  httpd-perl.conf

I don't know how Mandrake has set it up.  If they change things
around, they should have documentation on how it works.

--
ask bjoern hansen, http://www.askbjoernhansen.com/ !try; do();