Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by David Podunavac <dp...@dserv.net> on 2005/07/01 14:39:50 UTC

Re: Strange menu behaviour

Annie Dumont wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> If you go to see this site :
> http://sciences.univ-reunion.fr/index.html
> you will remark there is two times the "Accueil" (Home) page.
> A look at menu.xsl does not explain anything.
> If i take the default menu.xsl like for this site wich display correctly :
> http://iae.univ-reunion.fr/index.html
> i have the same behaviour : two times "Accueil"
> If i try to desactivate the "Accueil" page : the second is still there,
> on the live site, but with an "authoring" adress.
> Has anybody have this kind of problem and fixed it ?
> Regards. annie

Hi Annie I tried to reproduce your problem,

Dont know if i understood you well but i think its in your sitetree.xml!
check your sitetree.xml
  @ webapp/lenya/pubs/default/content/authoring/sitetree.xml

i guess you have a duplicate entry for Accueil

excerpt from my sitetree:
   <node id="index">
     <label xml:lang="en">Home</label>
     <label xml:lang="de">Home</label>
   </node>
<!-- from here is what i added in order to have the same problem -->
   <node id="index">
     <label xml:lang="en">Home</label>
     <label xml:lang="de">Home</label>
   </node>
<!-- till here i added in order to have the same problem -->
   <node id="tutorial">
     <label xml:lang="en">Tutorial</label>
     <label xml:lang="de">Tutorial</label>

the result is like yours shows me duplicate entries in navigation and tabs

remove the duplicate entry in your sitemap and you will be fine

the other problem is with your history(1) i am not sure if lenya was
supposed to have multiple entries in navigation but if your problem
still occurs let me know maybe i can help you to or tell you why this
appears

note (1) lenya tracks the publishig task in a history workflow file
means every action is logged in this workflowfile and if this one is
missing all the information in the menu bar (top right in authoring
where the name time etc is displayed) and if there is no
history/workflow file for this document lenya will lose track of this
doc and cant tell you what state and which area it belongs

hope that works

regards dee

Re: Strange menu behaviour

Posted by Annie Dumont <an...@univ-reunion.fr>.
Hi David, hi list,

i searched for  so complicated reason to this, that i didn't think of a
pb with the sitetree !
You are absolutely right ! That was a duplicated entry.
Thank you very much ! :)
Regards. annie

David Podunavac a écrit :

> Hi Annie I tried to reproduce your problem,
>
> Dont know if i understood you well but i think its in your sitetree.xml!
> check your sitetree.xml
>  @ webapp/lenya/pubs/default/content/authoring/sitetree.xml
>
> i guess you have a duplicate entry for Accueil
>
> excerpt from my sitetree:
>   <node id="index">
>     <label xml:lang="en">Home</label>
>     <label xml:lang="de">Home</label>
>   </node>
> <!-- from here is what i added in order to have the same problem -->
>   <node id="index">
>     <label xml:lang="en">Home</label>
>     <label xml:lang="de">Home</label>
>   </node>
> <!-- till here i added in order to have the same problem -->
>   <node id="tutorial">
>     <label xml:lang="en">Tutorial</label>
>     <label xml:lang="de">Tutorial</label>
>
> the result is like yours shows me duplicate entries in navigation and
> tabs
>
> remove the duplicate entry in your sitemap and you will be fine

[...]