Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Wenjun Che <we...@openf.in> on 2012/06/19 19:50:26 UTC

Unable to update CFs with duplicate index names

Hello

We started using cassandra at version 0.7, which allowed duplicate
names for indexes.  We upgraded to version 0.8.10 a while ago and
everything has been working fine.  Now I am not able to run 'update
column family' on CF with duplicate index names with other CFs.

If I update the CF with same index names, I am getting "Duplicate
index name userId".  If I update with different index names or without
index names, I am getting "Cannot modify index name".

The only info I can find is
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-2903, but it does not
say anything about existing duplicate indexes.

Thanks