Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/11 22:14:24 UTC

Taglib Site Update

Started digging into this last night. New computer so checkout, figure out
right version of Maven etc. 3.1.1 has issues with the site, so you have to
stay on 3.0.5.

I've made some initial changes, then discovered that we seem to have lost
the xdoc for the website (one file) for the standard subcomponent. So my
task tonight is to hunt that page down in the svn history and bring it
back.

Hen

Re: Taglib Site Update

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.
On Jan 12, 2014, at 10:56 PM, Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> *http://tomcat.apache.org/download-taglibs.cgi
> <http://tomcat.apache.org/download-taglibs.cgi>* now exists.
>
> Jeremy - could you upload your public sig to a KEYS file at:
>
> https://www.apache.org/dist/tomcat/taglibs/KEYS
>
> It seems there's a trunk/KEYS for all Tomcat RMs, but also specific KEYS
> files per downloaded product. I'm not sure of the right way to put files in
> dist.apache.org nowadays, but I figure you would have hit it during release
> :)

I don’t think I can - access to the release tree is limited to PMC members. I have added my key here:
  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/trunk/KEYS
if someone can copy it.

Thanks
Jeremy

Re: Taglib Site Update

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.

Re: Taglib Site Update

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Jan 12, 2014 at 8:52 AM, Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Jan 11, 2014, at 10:58 PM, Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Thanks. Wish I'd looked here before digging myself. I assumed it was
> > something weird I did when moving over from Jakarta and spent far too
> much
> > time digging into the old code there :)
> >
> > ---
> >
> > I've gone ahead and put that file back in, but in the overall Taglibs
> site.
> > I'm not convinced we need a separate Maven generated site. A single file,
> > and copy the apidocs over from the taglib itself.
> >
> > I'm also going to dump the link to CI (not working), test javadoc (dull)
> > and the link to the wiki (not there). The main loss in ditching the
> > separate Maven site are any items of value in the project reports at
> > http://tomcat.apache.org/taglibs/standard/project-info.html. Most are
> noise
> > or duplicates. Primarily we lack a page showing where to get the source.
> >
> > Remaining tasks:
> >
> > * Create a page to show source location.
> > * Create a .cgi page for download mirrors *I hope that's gotten easier*
> > * Change urls to point to mirror rather than archive
> > * Push content into tomcat-site/taglibs manually
> > * Change the news item on Tomcat itself to announce the release
>
> Is this all in taglibs/site?
> I’d like to add a page with docs on how to use the libraries as that has
> changed in this version (basically a web copy of the README for the binary).

Yup - taglibs/site/src/site/xdoc/standard/<your-how-to>.xml.

Hen

Re: Taglib Site Update

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.

Re: Taglib Site Update

[...]