Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Frederick N. Brier" <fb...@omnilinksystems.com> on 2006/11/28 00:06:34 UTC

Is Axis 1.x (Java) still an active project?

Axis 1.4 (Java) shipped April 22, this year.  Is the 1.x branch still an
active project?  I know there is a completely new Axis 2.x.  Is an Axis
1.5 (Java) version planned?

The reason I am asking is that I am in the midst of trying to make Axis
1.4 (Java) try to handle some complicated XSDs (OpenGIS) and running
into a large number of bugs, some of which have apparently been around
for years.  I have made changes to the source on a bunch of these.  Are
there active maintainers of 1.x that would apply patches if I created
them?  One or two would need a little more work to be more robust.  I
would need to check out the 1.4 source, apply my changes, and create
sets of patches.  It is a fair bit of work, but if someone will apply
the patches, I will do it.  Thank you.

Fred

Re: Is Axis 1.x (Java) still an active project?

Posted by "Frederick N. Brier" <fb...@omnilinksystems.com>.
Davanum,

Thank you for letting me know the status, as well as the offer for
help.  After we meet this set of deadlines, I can test Axis2 and see
what issues crop up with its WSDL2Java in handling complex schemas.
Axis2 is a sufficiently different architecture and approach that it will
require significant time to port our application and integrate into our
platform.  Thank you again!

Fred

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Frederick,